Central Bedfordshire Council, in partnership with Bedfordshire Local Involvement Network (LINk) invite you to a ‘Developing a Central Bedfordshire HealthWatch’ stakeholder conference on 30 September 2011.
The conference will be held at Priory House, Monks Walk, Chicksands, Shefford, Beds SG17 5TQ from 9.30am to 3.30pm.
The Government’s vision for a person focused health and social care system is one where there is ‘No decision about me, without me’. LINks currently help people and groups to work together to improve health and social care services.
Central Bedfordshire is one of 75 Pathfinder areas for developing new HealthWatch organisations that will take forward the work begun by LINks to:
- Provide the public with information to help them choose health and social care services
- Help patients, service users, carers and the public speak up about health and social care services
- Enable patients to access support if they want to complain about NHS services
- Invove people in decisions about local health and social care services through HealthWatch representation on the Central Bedfordshire Health and Wellbeing Board.
Central Bedfordshire Council will be responsible for commissioning an effective and value for money local HealthWatch by October 2012.
This conference is an opportunity to find out more about HealthWatch and for members of the public to help shape:
- what an effective and user-centred local HealthWatch will look like
- how HealthWatch can meaningfully represent the diverse communities of Central Bedfordshire.
- Mike Hewins – national HealthWatch Advisory Group to the Department of Health
- Elizabeth Saunders – Assistant Director of Social Care, Health and Housing, Central Bedfordshrie Council
- Volunteers from Bedfordshire LINk
To confirm your attendance, please call Emma Humphrey on 0300 3006477.
To celebrate International Older People’s Day, this year’s Full of Life Festival for Older People has been organised by Central Bedfordshire Council in partnership with Aragon Housing Association, The Older People’s Reference Group and ROAR – Aragon’s residents group.
The theme for this year’s event is ‘Getting and staying active in later life’ and will be held on:
Friday 7 October 2011
Flitwick Village Hall, Flitwick, Beds
from 10am to 2.30pm
This year’s exhibition will feature exhibitors from the Let’s Talk Together series of meetings, including representation from statutory, voluntary, local and commercial organisations, and will be opened by celebrity BBC presenter Pam Rhodes.
Because you’re worth it…!
There will also be a selection of entertainment throughout the day including a magician, belly dancing, line dancing and chair exercises.
There will be an opportunity to get a blood pressure and pulse check, a relaxing hand massage, and also view the local craft displays.